Secaucus Office of Emergency Management
The Secaucus Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is a group of volunteers who operate under the direction of an OEM Coordinator appointed by the Mayor and Council.
The OEM is charged with formulating an official plan to set procedures to be followed to address natural disasters, hazardous material spills, storm emergencies and recovery from such events. The OEM coordinates fire, police, department of public works, social services, and health and emergency medical services to ensure the safety and welfare of the residents in times of emergencies or disasters.
They also assist the police department with traffic control duties during emergencies and/or parades and marches. Membership in the OEM is open to all residents 18 years of age. It meets at 8pm on the first Tuesday of each month at OEM headquarters, 1377 Paterson Plank Road.
If your business was recenly affected by a natural disaster, apply for assistance here: SBA.gov
- Coordinate fire & police in emergencies
- Set plans or procedures
- Ensure safety & security of residents
- Set up equipment for town events - lights, generators, etc.
- Set road blocks & closures in emergency or parades
- Set up mobile triage for medical emergencies during severe weather
- Temporary housing for displaced residents due to fire or flood
Vinnie Massaro Sr.
1377 Paterson Plank Rd
Secaucus, New Jersey 07094-3287
Hours of Operation: