The purpose of this position is to perform under direct supervision a variety of routine custodial tasks, including general maintenance of municipal buildings, lavatories, floors, sidewalks, landscaping and any other manual skills or unskilled duties as may be assigned. Routine assignments are checked by spot inspections or a result of complaints.
Exempt (Y/N): N/A
Salary: $8.94 per hour
Shift: Monday to Friday, 5 AM – 10 AM
Location: Rec Center Koelle Blvd.
Union Affiliation: N/A
Supervisor: Manager Recreation Facilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sweeps, mops and polishes floors.
- Washes walls, windows and woodwork.
- Dusts, polishes arranges or moves equipment.
- Replaces light bulbs, unstops and cleans lavatories and toilets.
- Maintains replenishes and issues cleaning and related supplies and equipment.
- Performs minor plumbing, maintenance and repairs.
- Replaces broken windows and screens and other building parts.
- Maintains sidewalks and grounds surrounding Rec Center.
- Able to react to change productivity and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English
- Must have a valid New Jersey driver’s license free from any convictions for the last three (3) years.
- Knowledge of the standard tools, materials, methods and practices and of the occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in performing general custodial work.
- Knowledge of building maintenance and cleaning practices, supplies and equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. The duties require excellent physical dexterity to be able to fit into confined spaces and trenches, as may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE REQUIREMENT: The above part time job opportunity is hereby posted for a period of not less than five days prior to action by the Town of Secaucus to fill the vacancy. Applications and/or resumes should be filed with Sandra Lopez, Director Human Resources, no later than 4 P.M. Friday, February 17, 2017.