Prepare for Court
Preparing for Your Day in Court
Watch this video before your court date to ensure that you are informed of your rights.
The video is also available in:
Watch this video for tips on how to participate in a remote court event.
Request the Public Defender
Fill out this Financial Questionnaire and return it to us before your court appearance. The Judge will determine your eligibility during your Virtual Court appearance.
Request Court Accommodations
Learn more about interpreting services
What to Expect in Virtual Court
It’s the public’s responsibility to ensure their own ability to connect to the court hearing.
- Look up your case information here Municipal Court Case Search. Have your case information available.
- If possible, download Zoom https://zoom.us/ before your court date. Be sure to grant Zoom permission to use your device’s camera and microphone.
- You can dial into the proceeding and appear by phone. Dial *6 to mute/unmute and *9 to raise hand. See instructions here: Join Zoom by Phone
- Cases are heard one a time. We thank you in advance for your patience.
- You have successfully connected when the Opening Statement video is playing. Please remain connected until the host admits you to the session.
- Try to avoid disconnecting as you may lose your place in line.
- Court staff will message you with questions or updates, be sure to look for the chat options in the waiting room and the meeting.
- If you have questions or concerns while you are waiting, you may direct them to the Zoom Host via chat message. Please do not call the court about wait times.